Sunday, September 13, 2009

Our New Arrival

William Russell Larson

Born: 2:06 AM Thursday, August 27th 2009

Weight: 7 lbs 4 ounces

Length: 20 inches


Our Sweet Will!


























My water broke on Wednesday Aug. 26th around 9:00 PM to my surprise and delight. Actually I wasn't that surprised...Evie was three weeks early so I was expecting him to come early also. We hopped in the car and made it to the hospital around 10:00. The minute I stepped out of the car more water decided to drench me. My skirt got completely soaked and water was running down my legs. I didn't have a towel or anything so my flip flops were going squish squish squish all the way up to labor and delivery on the 4th floor! The nurses got a kick out of the state I was in when I got there. I was rather embarassed but just happy to be at the hospital. Must of been a popular night to have a baby. They were short staffed due to so many women delivering that night. We waited awhile for our nurse to arrive and get things started. My epideral didn't arrive as quickly as it did when I had Evie so I experienced more pain then I really wanted to that night but it made me appreciate it even more. Oh the relief!! The nurses commented how sweet and attentive Derek was to me during the delivery and that made me feel really lucky to have such a great husband. We had planned on naming our boy Thomas. William was about third on our list. We both knew he wasn't a Thomas when we saw him and both thought he looked like a William which is still really strange to me. He has lots of dark hair, a sweet round face and a sweet disposition. Were are so blessed and happy to have our healthy baby boy!






5 comments:

  1. Congratulations! He is so sweet! I love the water story...that is too funny!! You'll have to give me a call next time you're down this way so I can come see him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're pictures are so cute! I wish you didn't have so much company so we can come visit. JK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie...you can still come visit!! Let's get together Thursday night for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is a cutie! Thanks for letting us come visit the other day.

    ReplyDelete