Wednesday, April 6, 2011
Surprise
The kids and I got the best surprise in the world on Monday. Let me back up a little. Three weeks ago Derek took a work trip to Spokane for 4 days. Every month or so he has to go there for his job. He came back on a Thursday. The Guard called him on Saturday morning and asked if he would volunteer for a trip that could go anytime. Being the kind of guy he is, he said yes. They put him on crew rest and later that day they called and told him they needed him right away. So he had about 20 minutes to pack and get going. I wasn't a happy camper as you can imagine. They said the trip would last two weeks. So two weeks comes and goes. They are expecting to be sent home but top brass wants them to stay for 30 days. Derek called me on Sunday and said he had no idea when he would be sent home. I really didn't expect him to come home on time because it usually doesn't happen. But it's always disappointing to those of us that are waiting at home. Monday I am about to get the kids ready for bed, pajamas on etc. and the door bell rings. I'm thinking...who the heck is that? So the kids and I go to the door and...there's no one there. I'm thinking, what the heck and all of a sudden from around the corner there is Derek in his flight suit smiling at us. Derek later said I screamed with excitement. What a surpise...he was the last person I was expecting to see. That was the greatest surprise of my life. Evie didn't stop hugging him the whole night. Will took a little while to warm up to him but then it was back to normal in no time and he was playing with Daddy. We are soooo glad Derek is home with us. I try to never take for granted the time we have to spend together as a family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That is a GREAT surprise!! Wahoo!!!
ReplyDeleteHooray!
ReplyDeleteThat's great that he surprised you like that. I'm glad he's home.
ReplyDelete