Thursday, November 8, 2012

Wisconsin- Part 2

While we were in Wisconsin we visited the cabin Derek spent time in with his family when he was young. It was owned by his Aunt, his grandmothers sister. He has so many good memories of the the holidays and weekends he spent there with family. It was on a private road and we couldn't get down the road so we took a walk through the trees to get a view of the cabin...it was hard to see. The surrounding area was so pretty so I snapped a few pictures.


Will and his mama


Derek's friend Mike raises buffalo and he invited us to bring the kids to see them. 


The bumper sticker on his truck..ha ha.


We were taking a drive in the country and spotted a farm selling pumpkins. It was a 140 year old farm and house. The kids had a good time picking out pumpkins, some for us and some for grandma. 





It was nice to spend some time with Derek's family. We don't get to see them very often. We spent a lot of time at his Uncle Dan's house. The kids had so much fun there! Will made friends with Ranger. I can't believe how much my shy boy loves dogs!



Hanging out with Uncle Dan


I'm so lucky to have married into such a nice family. Dan's wife Denise had us over for dinner several times. I've never had a bad meal there..she is a great cook! The kids didn't want to leave their house.


I took this at Dereks moms church. The kids love their grandma!
















1 comment:

  1. It looks so pretty there!! Glad you got to visit your other family :)

    ReplyDelete