I remember when I was a little girl, taking all my problems and worries to my Dad. I have a great Dad! I think there is something special about a Father and Daughter relationship. My Dad was always there when I needed help with something and he would offer to do things for me that I didn't like to do. I have lots of good memories of fun moments with my Dad even if it was something simple. Going for a ride in the car and listening to music, or sitting on the couch in the dark and listening to basketball games on the radio, or going to Harts for a Big Chill. My Dad made up his own bedtime stories for us and we never got tired of hearing the same one over and over. I think we take great Dads for granted and don't tell them often enough how much they are appreciated. So, here's to you Dad for all you do. Happy Father's Day!!
I have to say a few things about my husband too. He grew up without a Father figure in his life. His Mom did an excellent job raising him and making him the exceptional person he is. He worried about being a father though when we decided to start a family. You would never know it by the way he is with Evie and the kind father he is too her. She is lucky to have such an attentive, and caring Dad in her life. I know he is a great Dad when he gets up in the middle of the night when she cries and he has to get up early to go to work the next day. Happy Father's Day to my sweet hubby!!
Yay Dad! yay Derek! He is a good dad. It's cute when Evie yells at him from across the room, "Hi, Dad!"
ReplyDelete