Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Family Reunion in Rockaway Beach, Oregon

Preface: I finally finished the last chapter about our Wisconsin Trip. Check out my other post if you feel like it.

To say we've been traveling a lot in the month of June is an understatement. I have to hand it to Derek for doing all the driving and to Will and Evie for being such good little travelers. A week after our Wisconsin trip we got back in the car and headed to the Oregon coast for the first Fotheringham family reunion. My sister Shelly and her family rented a beach house for all of us to stay in and organized every last detail down to the food, activities, and T-shirts. Thanks Shelly! It was so much fun! I fell in love with the Oregon coast and didn't want to leave. I miss the beach! The kids spent most of the day in the water, even when it was cold. We had to send them in to warm up so they wouldn't catch their death a few times. Some of the highlights of the reunion was listening to my Grandma Kennedys history and well as my Dad's. There were some stories from my Dad I had never heard. Also, spending time with family members I don't get to see very often. It was nice to have us all there (minus two).


The beautiful place we stayed, just steps from the beach.


Some of my cute nieces and nephews enjoying the waves



Some of us together


My grandma Kennedy and my lovely mother





Treasures on the beach-Grandma, Julie, Laura, Rachel, Dan, Mom (hiding) and Nicole.


Not sure what the circle is about around us but I'm sure Ethan enjoyed it none the less.



Emma, Evie, Kathleen, Carys, and Mari. Evie with her cousins and Aunt.




Who put those two in charge of the Pinata? Boys will be boys!


If you haven't had Tillamook Ice Cream you are really missing something.


The scenery along the coast just blows my mind. Such beautiful wildflowers!



Love my funny little nephew Ethan



1 comment: