Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving and post Thanksgiving

It's been a nice couple weeks, thinking of all the things I am thankful for. I am soooo blessed! This year I offered to host Thanksgiving. I even attempted to make the turkey. I thought it would be a nice break for my Mom and maybe a little less work she would have to do. I think this is the first time ever we have had Thanksgiving somewhere other then my parents. I thought it turned out to be a nice dinner and get together for the family. I hope everyone enjoyed it although I know some people had reservations about having it somewhere different. I think I counted a total of 26! Keeping with tradition, we had tons'o homemade pies.
My Mom made a blueberry cream cheese, avocado cream (weird), pumpkin, rhubarb, and sugar free pie for my dad. Julie made apple, chocolate cream, and pecan. I made buttermilk (my favorite), mixed berry and cherry.





Our black friday consisted of staying home and doing a little Christmas decorating. Sarah, and Deb came and helped me put up some of my stuff and Nick and Derek played X-Box games. I am still working on getting all my decore the way I want it. It usually takes me a couple days. Maybe I will post pictures when it's all finished. The kids were enjoying watching this little device today (I don't know what it's called) that Derek brought back from Germany. They always want to be my little helpers, whether I want help or not :).





No comments:

Post a Comment