Sunday, December 18, 2011

Christmas Preparations

I loved Christmas when I was a kid. Things have changed a bit since I've gotten old...I mean older. Christmas has become a stressful time for me the last 5 years or so. Not really sure why. I've tried to be better about it this year. I tried to start my Christmas preparations early this year and I think it's helped make things less stressful. Now I'm kind of enjoying the time I have to bake Christmas goodies. Last week I made two batches of fudge and 3 batches of toffee, (which actually turned out good this year, I've tried making it other years and it's never worked, Hurrah!). Yesterday I made a big batch of choc chip and M&M cookies for our ward party. Tonight I am making these http://www.recipegirl.com/2011/11/14/cranberry-bliss-bars/
for Evie's preschool teacher and neighbors. To me baking goodies is just a joyful part of the holidays for me. I'm getting excited for the upcoming Christmas celebrations and being able to spend time with family.

But most of all I'm happy to be celebrating this:

No comments:

Post a Comment