Thursday, February 23, 2012

Little Boys, Little Boys

(To the tune from the Annie song "Little Girls" but instead I'm singing "little boys")
I don't remember how Evie was at 2 and a half but this boy of mine sure keeps me hoppin' these days. He is constanly into things he shouldn't be into. He is forever testing Derek and I to see how far he can go before he is in big trouble. Some of his favorite things to do right now are:
  • Finding any kind of pen, marker, pencil, (whatever he can get his sneeky little hands on), and drawing something lovely on a door, floor, Evie's bed, the toilet seat, it doesn't matter he will commence to draw.
  • Putting his arsenal of cars, planes, trucks, etc. inside the pot that our huge tree is in, in the living room. That tree is "HUGE" it is not moveable so it stays and he continues to make a mess.
  • Pushing, shoving, smacking, yelling, pulling hair all directed towards his sister. One of these days she is going to put him in his place but for right now she is patient with him and hasn't punched him in the face or anything.
  • Potty talk...isn't he a little early for this? I hate it. I wish he would just go to the potty.
  • Generally making a huge mess wherever he happens to be. I don't know how to keep the house clean...it gets clean when he's napping.
Just a few of the things I get to deal with on a daily basis. I have to say that all the "I love you Moms", "I want you Moms", "Will you cuddle with me Moms" pretty much make up for this list though. Excuse me while I go fish out the pillow he just threw in the tub...

6 comments:

  1. What a rascal! Terrible 2s. Good thing he's so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry but this made me laugh!! Isn't it crazy how different boys are from girls??
    They are crazy!! But, I'm pretty sure they will change rolls one they hit their teenage years! I am definitely dreading having teenage girls in the house! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, that kid is nuts! Haha guess that's why we love him:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it. I remember those days, but just be grateful you don't have two boys who also can't get along with each other. That little slice of heaven never ends. At least Will will grow out of stinker stage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't worry about a clean house, just be glad he's happy. One day you'll wish for little toys laying around. It's weird, but I leave little finger prints on my windows as long as I can, because I know they're growing up so fast and we won't have little finger prints on windows anymore. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've given up on cleaning. Or rather. Cleaning during the day. I clean after he's in bed at night and then I have the peace of mind knowing that the house stays clean for 9 or 10 hours. It's lovely. ;-)

    ReplyDelete