Derek had to take his monthly trip to Spokane, WA last week so we decided to tag along. It was more fun for the kids and I then it was for Derek. It was more work for him but nice for us to get away from the routine of life. On our way to Spokane there was a town that we passed trough called Wallace, ID. It was seriously like stepping back in time or stepping into a Norman Rockwell painting. Derek and I had been here before and were just as thrilled to see it our second time. There was a huge antique shop that I made Derek stop so I could go check it out.
This place was huge! I wish I would have had time to browse.
We stayed in base housing at Fairchild Air Force Base the four days we were in Spokane. It was actually really nice to have our own little place. The kids had their own room with twin beds and TV. Derek and I had our own room and bath also. There was a living room, kitchen and laundry as well.
Derek had to go to some training early Thursday morning. When he was done around noon we left Spokane to head to Leavenworth, WA. It's a quaint little Bavarian town up in a more mountain area, it was about a 3 hour drive. We thought it would be a fun time of year to visit. Germany has such rich Christmas traditions.
It was starting to snow when we came into town and the snow just kept coming as the day drew on. They had live musical groups performing, and a little program with St. Nicholas and Santa Claus. Derek and Will were content to take a nap in the car later in the day while Evie and I shopped 'til we dropped. We found Santa and Mrs. Claus along the way.
This Christmas shop was amazing!
The window display from inside looking out on the street
This huge tree was snowing...it was so cool!
The best part of Derek's whole day.
The Military Tree- Evie holding the tag we put Derek's name on for his service to our country.
We drove on some snowy roads this trip. The scenery was a snowy wintry Christmas wonderland.
I now officially have the Christmas Spirit!!
Wow! So pretty. This post put me in the Christmas spirit:)
ReplyDeletePretty! Glad you go to go.
ReplyDelete*got
ReplyDeleteWonderful pictures - what great places! That Bavarian town looks so fun! :)
ReplyDeleteWe haven't been to that base yet. I want to try it out. :)
ReplyDelete