Our next adventure after our cold rainy day in Estes Park.. is continued. That is if you're not bored yet. We decided to head back to Georgetown and ride the train. We were just in time to catch the next train leaving but didn't get on quick enough to be in the open car before all the seats were taken. Kind of a bummer but we did get to sit in it on our way back after a bunch of people got off for Mine Tours. Bonus! Here are a few pictures and the pictures don't do it justice. It really felt like we went back in time and experienced the way people use to travel from town to town.
I took lots of pictures from the window and the windows were dirty :(
Will was in heaven!! Here he is watching the steam from the engine up ahead.
Going over the bridge...I told Derek to hang on to the kids. I'm kind of a freek! It was seriously a steep bridge!
Got some good pictures of the train before we got on. The secenery was AMAZING! I think the train ride was the highlight of our trip.
We stopped in a town called Frisco and ate lunch at a cute Cafe. The kids ordered these cute pancakes. They call them "Mouse Cakes". So adorable!
Very cool train and beautiful views!
ReplyDeleteI've heard that area is beautiful. I think we'll have to try it out one of these trips we do. ;-)
ReplyDeleteWill's face :)
ReplyDeleteYou're trip looks fun. What beautiful scenery! The kids looked like they were having fun.
ReplyDelete