Friday, July 5, 2013

Happy Birthday America!

I love the month of July. Independence Day, lots of birthdays (including mine), Payson Scottish Festival, Steel Days Celebrations and lots of swimming and BBQ's. What's not to like about the middle of Summer? We went to the Uintah Mountains and took the kids fishing for the first time. It had even been awhile since Derek had been. It was my first time as well so it was an interesting day. We cooked bacon, eggs and pancakes for brunch. Then Derek helped the kids with their fishing poles and the kids waited. Will pulled in a fish pretty quickly...he was waaaaay excited! Evie just got more discouraged the longer she waited for something to bite and seeing Will with his trout. We stayed for a couple hours until the kids were ready to move on, or was that me who wanted to move on? I wasn't a very good first time fisher either, somehow I reeled the line backwards and messed up the fishing line which Derek wasn't too thrilled about. Oh well, at least we tried to do something different with the kids.


 Derek with the love of his life....bacon.



 Will with the only catch of the day...he was so proud!

We are not normal.




We celebrated the 4th of July with our good friends the Craigs and also some friends of theirs. The kids had a great time playing and watching fireworks. I love the 4th and I love this country! 



What is it about fireworks that turn grown men into giddy little boys? 


You may enjoy this video I took. I wasn't quite expecting such an ending.


1 comment: