Monday, July 22, 2013

Ye Old Steel Days

Good old American Fork had their annual Steel Days celebration this weekend. We took the kids to the carnival on Saturday. I'm glad were still alive after spending two hours in 100 degree weather. The kids didn't even make a fuss when we told them it was time to go. Promises of slurpees probably had something to do with that. The rides at the carnival are super old school. I'm pretty sure I rode the same rides when I was a kid. That was a long time ago...sort of.....okay I'm old!



 


  

Every year we meet at my parents house to watch the city fireworks . We can even hear the music from the Steel Days Concert. One of my favorite things about summer are the evening parties that we have. I like to decorate as much as I can to make the evening feel magical. 







Deb and Nick 

 Evie with her Aunt Malia

Will, Megan and her friend Brecken


 


American Fork did an amazing fireworks show this year! We were all in awe.





3 comments:

  1. Loved your pictures Becky! You're party looked like a smashing success! I didn't know Malia was in town, glad she could be there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a great day. I can't believe how awesome that fireworks show was and how beautiful the backyard looked. I wish every summer night could be like that. Thanks for all the hard work you did to make it special. That's a neat pic of the firework.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for helping...it was fun! We should do that every weekend :)

      Delete