Friday, August 16, 2013

Summer at the Cabin

The first weekend of August we visited the Staples at their cabin. It was our first time being there in the summer. It was so relaxing to get away from life for a bit and enjoy the beauty up in the mountains. There were so many wildflowers blooming all over. I was going a little nuts with my camera. Enjoy all the pictures:).




Cute little monkeys I found!



Here are some interesting, strange, and wild creatures that were also spotted. We're just a bunch of weirdos when the camera comes out! That's what sisters are all about.


 We spent a lot of time watching all the different kinds of birds that were feeding. Can you see the hummingbird?

 

My kids LOVE spending time with their cousins. There is nothing they like better.


We went on the most beautiful hike with Shelly, Bill, Ethan and Sarah. I've never seen so many flowers in one spot and so many picturesque moments. We crossed a log bridge which Evie and Will thought was pretty cool. They also enjoyed throwing rocks in the stream.


My favorite picture




Here are some real wild animals. There is a pond near the cabin that had some strange looking salamanders swimming around. A moose, (or two different ones we weren't sure), also wandered fairly close several times. 


We took the 4 wheelers out, played a few games of some serious badminton, played board games, ate lots of good food and treats, had lots of good conversation and just enjoyed being together with family.


Kids playing at the end of the day.




Until next time....we can't wait to go back!
(FYI-this blog post took me two days...comments better be forth coming) :)


3 comments:

  1. Looks like so much fun! I wish I could go up there again some time... you should adopt me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO pretty. I agree you should adopt Megan, I imagine it would make for all kinds of strange family relations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Megan can be my third child, even if she is 21..ha! Thanks for the comments...you guys are the best!

    ReplyDelete